Family project - Buiding ipod speakers

Hello, My son and I are trying to build a set of iPod speakers. We are very much beginners.

The idea is that he has an old encloser (an old radio) and wants to be able to plug his iPod in to it and hear the music comeout of the "old" radio.

We made one by just pulling out the guts of the radio and finding some cheap computer speakers to put in. That one works fine.

For the next one we want to be able to make it from seperate components (volume control, power button, etc) so that we can use the old opening in the radio to put in a volume knob, etc.

So what we are after is: What parts do we need? How do they go together?

Again, we have no experience with this.

If you know of a place that would be better for us to ask, please let me know.

Thanks!

Reply to
mwheels

easiest is to download the LM386 datasheet and copy the ciruit you see there.

alternately "KEMO" makes a little 4W amplifier module that's easy to use (and a bit louder than the LM386)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen