EMI analysis

I was trying to do some EMI analysis on Comon mode chokes & inductors. i got their transient response from which i also got their FFT. The problem wat i am facing now is how do i interpret the results, how to identify the fundamental harmonics & the distortion occuring & also wat exactly does this fourier transform represent. I wanted to analyse only the EMI FILters(cmc & inductors) whereas the circuit contains other components like drivers etc, so how to confine only to the emi filter .

Reply to
pav

is it white noise or electromagnetic interferance your trying to effectively suppress in this application.

Reply to
extremesoundandlight

EMI performance depends as much on component suitability and tracking layout as Spice simulations.

Sounds to me like you need to learn the basics. Apologies if I've misread you.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore