electret microphone output

I need to do some analysis of an FM transmitter circuit that is using an electret microphone for input. Does anybody know what kind of the amplitude an electret's output would be? I have been combing the web and datasheets and haven't found anything conclusive. Even an order of magnitude would be helpful.

kthompson

Looks like it may depend. The white paper at

says 0.1-10mV average, 100 mV peak.

A couple of manufacturers where you MAY be able to get more info:

Good luck,

Richard

Reply to
Richard Seriani

"kthompson"

** Entirely depends on the level of sound impinging on the mic - silly.
** Cos the question has no possible answer.
** First - define the nature of the sound and the distance from it to the mic.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I appreciate the help Richard. The white paper from National Semiconductor was extremely enlightening. Also learned some other things about the electrets that I was not aware of.

Phil, we are working with a portable FM transmitter so the distance from the microphone is somewhat arbitrary. We have been testing everywhere from an inch away to 20 feet across the room. That is the reason that I was asking for a general range. The source of the sound is the human voice.

Again, I appreciate the help and I got the answer that I needed.

Kyle

Reply to
kthompson

"kthompson"

** So then will be the levels coming from the mic.
** Which is utterly stupid as there is none.
** Really?

Whispering, shouting, singing or what ??

** No you did not - you complete wally.

Piss off.

....... Phil

Reply to