Eagle holes/pad widening

I'm a new user of eagle, and I've managed to get through designing my schematic to designing a PCB. I want to print via laser printer from eagle on to some transfers which iron on to the copper, ready for etching.

I can see that I can widen tracks in eagle, which is great, but the copper area around holes is too small for me to solder on to. Is it possible to expand these circular pads without editing each and every library item at all?

Regards, Mark

Reply to
MarkMc

Yes, you can change the restring (usually called annular ring) in the Restring tab of the DRC window. Don't ask me why its in the DRC area but it is.

You will probably want to make the minimum larger but play with it. What you see on the screen is a close representation of what should come out in the output files.

James.

Reply to
James Morrison

Thanks James

I kow DRC stands for design Rules Check, but does running this actually change your board layout then? As you can see, I've never run it before.

Regards, Mark

Reply to
MarkMc

hey thanks, I read news on google groups, but when I get home, I'll connect to the news server you suggest, thanks Mark

Reply to
MarkMc

No. It flags stuff that doesn't match the specifications (e.g., clearances). At that point, YOU can

1) change the layout 2) change the rules or 3) cross your fingers and ignore the prompt
Reply to
JeffM

Except that in EAGLE you can set all sorts of parameters in the DRC that actually do change how the Gerbers get generated. For example, that is where you go to select which vias get tented, what kind of blind/buried vias are allowed, what thermals look like, and other things like that. It is more `design rules' than `check.'

I don't know how to widen pads that way but I can believe that you can.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Westhues

I beleive I should mention that Cadsoft has multiple great newsgroups on their server too. Very helpful folks there including the authors: news.cadsoft.de

Reply to
Matthias Melcher