dvd screen from laptop screen

Well, you put a DVD drive in the laptop, and run software for viewing the DVDs, and you've got your DVD player.

Or, get a card thatt has video in, and feed your external DVD player into that. (I don't know if there are limitations in doing this).

The LCD display in a laptop is meant for integrated use in the laptop. It's not like a VGA monitor that accepts VGA signals. It is interfaced at a different level. Without the laptop, you'd be missing needed electronics.

Every time a question like this comes up, the answer is pretty pessimistic. There's not enough information available about the laptop displays, and even if one had such information it would require work.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Hi. Just wondering, is it possible to make incar dvd screen from a used pentium svga laptopscreen.

Best regards Viper

Reply to
viper

as far as I can tell,

make separate lcd controller modules that might do this. The german only site makes it hard to tell though.

--
http://www.niftybits.ukfsn.org/

remove 'n-u-l-l' to email me. html mail or attachments will go in the spam
bin unless notified with [html] or [attachment] in the subject line.
Reply to
andy

pentium

the

into

pessimistic.

By using

some of the text from the web page is translated to

All TFT flat display kit consists of a display, a CONTROLLER, the Backlightinverter as well as the complete set of cables. Are used excluding quality products, which were selected after industriellen standard and for a long time are available. Each kit is delivered ready for installation and functionally checked. Speak with us about special requirements and Sondertimings. We advise you gladly.

Cheers Rune

Rune Christensen