Does anyone know a way to take an audio signal and output it multiple times with different amplitude and phases tia sal2

That's the way *I* do it. Although in fact, it IS measured that way, simply not stated by that clot P.B. else the power into 2 ohms x 2 wouldn't be identical to the bridged power into 4 ohms. Which it is.

Don't know much about audio do you ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

You're one to talk since you have misinterpreted every single power figure in those specs.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

--
I cut my teeth on audio, and decided there were better things to do than
to follow it blindly for the rest of my life.

You, obviously, decided differently.

The point, which you seem to keep missing, is that THD was measured
under conditions which were optimum instead of, as I\'d have done,
measured it with one channel operating fully loaded, both channels fully
loaded, and bridged, fully loaded, and published the results.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--- That has nothing to do with wanting to fight.

All I did was misread a sentence or two and admit to the error when it was brought up by Phil.

Interestingly, you both seem to think that admitting to an error is an Achilles' heel of some kind and are loath to do it because you think it puts you in a position of weakness.

Even more interesting is that you don't seem to realize that refusing to acknowledge an error, when it's as plain as the nose on your face, makes you look disingenuous and sullies your credibility.

JF

Reply to
John Fields

That's easy, if you already know how to do it with a pencil & paper. :-)

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What error ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

not

No, the very reverse.

We only bother with both channels fully loaded. It's the pro-audio industry norm.

How long do you want the data sheet to be ? Users aren't interested in THAT much gubbins. Suggest you read a few equivalent data sheets from other manufacturers in the same business.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Me neither.

I have innovated in audio.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

"John Fields"

** I posted a reply.

You stupid autistic cretin.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

--
Got any patents?

JF
Reply to
John Fields

It's been too long since I have done a ny digital design, but, as delay lines work, one needs to send an analog waveform, digitized in amplitude to a sing-around circuit with 8 taps at the selected phase points, each tap being the appropriate output. The sine wave remains conntained in the sing-sround circuit. The frequency is determined by the clock speed of the sing-around circuit.

Angelo Campanella

Reply to
Angelo Campanella

The companies I've worked for have generally preferred commercial confidentiality plus you know how difficult it is to patent a circuit under the 'obvious use' or 'derivative' clauses.

I do have several patentable ideas in mind though. Both totally unrelated to audio. Was thinking about one of them earlier today. Oh and (nearly forgot) one audio one related to louspeakers.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Which would therefore still only work at a unique single frequency at any one time.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I thought I smelt something from over the pond.

"

Reply to
Jamie

Who cares what Lou speaks about?

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

--
I do?
Reply to
John Fields

time.

But as I said, the clock rate of the shift register must be variable so as to set the sine wave frequency. The way I see it, one generates, say, an eight bit word constituting a full wave that is sent into the clocked shift register that loops back to itself. The register is long, with eight parallel-bit(8) output taps, each capable of reading the 8 bit word in parallel, to be summed by a D to A converter to output an analog sine voltage, which becomes the driver for that channel. The clock rate for the looped shift register needs to be variable, so that your system can set the frequency it needs.

Angelo Campanella

Reply to
Angelo Campanella

delay

time.

--
Duh, but if the clock frequency changes it\'ll still work at that new
frequency and the phase relationship between the various outputs will

JF
Reply to
John Fields

delay

time.

--
For one degree increments, your shift register would have to be 9 bits
wide and 360 stages long, and would have to be loaded serially using a 9

a simpler way might be: (View in Courier)

CLK>---[COUNT]--+-[LUT1]--[DAC]--[FILTER]--[OPAMP]--->OUT1

                +-[LUT2]--[DAC]--[FILTER]--[OPAMP]--->OUT2

                +-[LUT3]--[DAC]--[FILTER]--[OPAMP]--->OUT3

                +-[LUT4]--[DAC]--[FILTER]--[OPAMP]--->OUT4

                +-[LUT5]--[DAC]--[FILTER]--[OPAMP]--->OUT5

                +-[LUT6]--[DAC]--[FILTER]--[OPAMP]--->OUT6

                +-[LUT7]--[DAC]--[FILTER]--[OPAMP]--->OUT7

                +-[LUT8]--[DAC]--[FILTER]--[OPAMP]--->OUT8

JF
Reply to
John Fields

times