Coil wrapping ?

I had seen a coil wrapped in twin wire. If I design a coil with 1000 T, I use two wire together, so it mean that I only wrapp 500 T, hence it save my time and work.Dear members do you have any comment ? Thanks Regards

Reply to
mowhoong

Normally this is done either to make a transmission line transformer* or to make a sort of high current capacity litz wire**. Doing what you're suggesting would result in excess inter-coil capacity which would almost certainly be a Bad Thing in all but very specialized transformers.

  • Do a web search, and consider that a couple of dozen turns on such a transformer would be a lot.
** "Litzendraght" or something like that -- do a web search.
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Frequently it is harder to bifilar wind and keep it neat than wind single strands.

You could wind bifilar then connect the start of one winding to the finish of the other and save time - but it doesn't save a lot of time and there could be other considerations like capacitance between turns or layers.

Build a jig or motorized winder and you will almost always save time.

Newsgroups
default