BRINKMAN SOLAR SPOTLIGHT SL-7--Alternative?

The light in the Subject doesn't seem to robust and is generally a bit over priced. I've had one for about 5-6 years, and it's required two rechargeable batteries, and dealing with Brinkmann is a royal pain. Very unresponsive company.

Any suggestions for something better? I'd like an outdoor solar light with a motion detector for a driveway pullout. When someone pulls in at night, I want some illumination for them.

Here's a look at the SL-7. . The third one listed is a fair price. The reviews seem rosy, but the reviewers seem to be people who have only had the light a few years.

--
                          Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)

                        Web Page:
Reply to
W. Watson

What kind of battery? If it's a lead/acid jell cell and it gets discharged frequently that will decrease it's life dramatically.

Reply to
Meat Plow

--
                          Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)