Battery life discharge rate

Hello Everyone,

I made a semi-passive filter circuit that uses one 1.5 volt AA cell with a constant drain of one milli-amp. If the 1.5v AA cell remained above 1.1 volts for a year I won't bother using a on/off switch.

Will a AA last a year?

Are the Alkaline cells better in the long term than Heavy Duty AA?

Is the decay rate of a manufacturer's cells "honestly" documented some where?

Thank you,

  • * * Christopher

Temecula CA.USA

Christopher

Nope. Battery capacity for an alkaline AA is about 2850 maH

At 1ma, it will last a whole lot longer than 2850 hours, but there are 8760 hours in a year.

Check the url, make your own decision. Cost may come into the equation!

You mean self-discharge or shelf life figures? Probably irrelevant in any event - these small batteries are use & toss, so you keep extras on hand.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

more like 3 to 6 months. with a D cell you could get a year.

yes.

the use-by date is some indication.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to