attenuation pad

Hi there I have a recording studio and i am using a stage box to take multiple microphones into one multicore to pl;ug in to my mixer in a different room. Because i am using a relatively cheap mixer, it does not have any attenuation pads. I was wondering what resistor sizes i would need to use and how i would wire up a switchable 10db attenuation pad for each of the mic inputs on my stage box. Also if i would like a LED to indicate if there is an input signal would this be hard to add to the circuit? Cheers Joe

Reply to
nottnick

There are lots of calculators on the web to help you work out what value resistors you need, for example:

You then probably want a DPDT switch (DPDT that's basically two switches in one) so that one of the switch poles collects the microphone to either the attenuator input or to a wire, the other pole of the switch connects the mixing desk input to either the attenuator output or the bypass wire.

To reply to me directly:

Replace privacy.net with: totalise DOT co DOT uk and replace me with
gareth.harris
Reply to
Gareth

Thanks alot gareth, just what i needed! Any suggestions on the LED side of things?? Cheers Joe

Reply to
nottnick