Antenna question

The other day I posted a few pictures of this dish like antenna I took from my parents roof. If you live in Sydney you'll remember a service called Galaxy TV. Thats the cheap ass dish!

Ive read from the reply posts (thanks) its only good for UHF and picking up distant radio stations.

Does the quality of metal affect the signals that you can pick up or something else? There's something about it that makes me think It could be used to do something more, VHF, other bands, raw satellite video? Is there equipment I can buy to make it more useful?

Very bored here and need to do something with this piece of junk. ta

Reply to
AssTelescope

UHF: 300 MHz - 3 GHz

New band every octave. ELF VLF LF MF HF VHF

--
Best Regards,
Mike

It should be conductive. Any mesh should be affect the signals that you can pick up or

I can't find the picture but with a suitable feed situated at the focal point you can estimate the gain you might achieve with

2 pi A

--------- lambda^2

roughly, at 50% efficiency.

A = Area