Alligator Clip Cable for Signal Generator

Long ago I lost the alligator coax cable with a BNC adapter on the other end. I recently found a coax, 75 ohm?, with an end missing. It's certainly not the original, but, if I just use the shield and center wire for each clip, will that be sufficient? If not, where can I get one, aside from the mfger, PK?

Reply to
W. eWatson

Quite a few places, including:

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Should work fine. Add some heatshrink tubing to keep the wires from touching.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I got a couple of cables just like that off Ebay some months (or a year or two) ago, except instead of alligator clips, it has Pomona Minigrabber ends: go to

and put "minigrabber" without the quotes into their search box.

Alligators will work, but be sure to get the kind with boots (a la Radioshack), so you don't short the output of your generator.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Good point about the short.

Reply to
W. eWatson

Those coax-to-clips test leads are just wire - nothing magic at the wires-to-coax junction (or elsewhere in the cable), so you can easily make your own.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca