Add a power connector to a 9800GT ECO?

I have a ZOTAC 9800GT ECO that does not include an auxiliary power connector. Anybody know what including auxiliary power would require? Just soldering a connector to the card, or (more easily) soldering a power supply cable connector end to the card, after removing the connector from the wires?

In other words... Is the video card power connector probably the only missing hardware (or software) that prevents the card from being used with a power connector directly from the power supply?

Thanks.

--
Please feel free to remove the other group.
Reply to

Quite risky but you need to remove the card and find the pins on the PCI bus that supply power to the card.

Probe the pins and see if their is continuity between those pins and the power supply pins. There might be a 12V to 3.3V converter between the plug as well.

Sounds dicy to me as you never know what those high volume shops put on teh board and what they leave out.

Reply to
mook johnson

Adding and using an extra powersuppkly connector is unlikely to harm it, if it is connected in the right place. It's also probably mot going to make it behave exactly like one with the powersupply connectormdesigned in.

Why do you feel the need to modify it?

--
??pun u?op ?o?? s?u??????
Reply to