AC signal across 12V (DC) halogen bulbs?

Hi,

I have a lighting controller circuit using an H-bridge, which produces a 250Hz signal across a pair of 12V halogen bulbs. (The duty cycle is controller by a microcontroller, but this is irrelevant to my question.)

My question is: is a 250Hz signal with rise/fall times

Reply to
allanlewis

I think if the temperature of the filament remains constant, there is no extra wear on it. Meaning, as long as it doesn't flicker, there is no problem.

Reply to
Wiebe Cazemier