a simple question

can i use television in place of pc-monitor?

Reply to
chrajesh911

certainly,but the quality of display is not good enough.

Reply to
rainbow

Not enough information to give a valid answer.

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In general, not directly; PCs do not provide video outputs of the timing or color encoding expected by the TV, and certainly will not provide the video as though it were coming "over the air" on a TV channel (which would have to be the case if you were connecting to the TV's "antenna" or "RF" input directly.

It is possible to get a card for the PC which will provide a TV-compatible video output, and some PCs today even provide an "S-Video" output directly (if your TV can accept that). But you likely will not be pleased with the results - the effective "resolution" (pixel format) of a standard TV signal is only a little better than about 400 x 300 pixels, far below even what the minimum PC format ("VGA." or 640 x 480 pixels) provides. In addition, due to the way TVs handle color, you won't even get THAT good a result in terms of the color quality.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

If you want to use big fonts for everything. Early Home Computers used the TV for output (but had a monitor option) and usually had text at about 36 pt.

Puckdropper

Puckdropper

No.

John

A Google search of "PC to TV Converter" yielded about 111,000 results. Many like this one:

...jerry

Reply to
Jerry R