Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

cable connector wire question
Hello, I've been having a hard time locating this and was wondering if anyone knew where I might find one.... I need a connector that can accept 72 30AWG wires. Most connectors that I have been...
5
5

Need to understand how optocoupler work
I am trying figure out how an optocoupler ( works. Is optocoupler similar to a solid state relay? What should happen if I apply current going thru pins 1->2? Should resistance drop to zero between 5...
7
7

RSDS LCD
Hi All I need to program a Graphical Display Controller which supports RSDS LCD (with or without TCON), do any of you have infomation of RSDS LCD? Also, as I don't have any ref circuit about that, do...

Supply Voltage vs Voltage Rating
I have a speaker which is rated at 100V, yet the supply voltage is 115V. The speaker works fine. What's the deal? Cheers, Anon
3
3

pt100 thermistor and analog input module
hi everyone, i am facing big problems using a pt100 thermistor. this device has 3 wires, two red and a blue one. The two red wires are connected, i.e. using the beeper on the multimeter it beeps. I...
5
5

Type K Thermocouple probe question
Hello, I receive a what I thin k is a Thermocouple probe with my clampmeter I am not 100% sure how to connect it, I posted a picture of the device: someone explain to me how to plug into the meter,...
11
11

pwm solenoid
i want to know is there any method to check the pwm solenoid and is there any posibility to make pwm signal to get variation of voltage from 5v,12v,16v,24v by using available spares locally

Weatherproof Outdoor TV
Family Entertainment has fewer boundaries now than ever Outdoor Television has made it possible with innovative technology. I was surprised when i came across this site. One can watch their favourite...
1
1

Want to build a HEI ignition module similar to 70's style
Does anyone have a schematic for a simple four pin HEI ignition module from 1970's+ ignition systems. They appear to contain an SCR and a pair of diodes and resistors. Pickup Coil connects to two...
16
16

How to hook up a Frequency Counter
Hey everyone! I have this machine that *should* be switching on and off at a frequency of about 110-120HZ. It is powered by a 24DC power supply and is controlled by a 12.5W, 100Ohm Rheostat placed in...
2
2

Laptop power supply for battery charger
I have a 19 volt 3.5 amp laptop power supply that I want to use for equalizing lead acid batteries (car batteries and 75ah rv batteries). I know I can't leave it unattended because the voltage will...
2
2

LPT port relay
I am trying to use LPT port to control a small 5 V relay (Meisei ps-5). The relay appears to have 1.75 ohm resistance. I connected the data pin to the + pin of the relay and ground to the gnd pin. No...
5
5

Multiple Input Pull-down
I'm having a bit of a quandary. Since I'm still somewhat of a beginner, I hope somebody more experienced can help me out! I have three TTL logic chips, with one input on each one all connected...
4
4

Piezo ignitor pulse shape
1) I am wondering whether the piezo ignitor of a BBQ lighter generates a single spark or multiple sparks. 2) In other words, I would like to know the pulse shape of the piezo ignitor, but I haven't...
13
13

problem with grounds
Hello I posted a simple circuit up on am having difficulty seperating the grounds. My final circuit is much more complex, it may look trivial at first, but I absolutely need to seperate the grounds....
43
43