Subject Author Posted Replies

Sci.Engineering.Design: Mobile Kitchen
I know this group's primary interest is electronics, but there are enough o ther engineers here. Even electrical engineers should have some basic cons tructions and materials backgrounds, to be able...
11
11

money maker circuit, just design it (and find right buyer)
If i came out and described this particular item, it would be "stolen" by a major consumer goods maker and be impossible for someone in this NG to make a reasonable profit if they tried this. First...
52
52

jfet noise test
Does this make any sense? It solves the drain resistor problem by battling two fets against one another. Two relays could switch four different gate resistor values, which might help separate gate...
23
23

Need source for CHEAP 10-32 microdot connectors
Usual suspects charge $50 to $100 each. -- Many thanks, Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss: email: Please visit my GURU's LAIR...
4
4

fet driver
8 channel fet driver I'm looking for an 8 channel fet driver with input range to 5 volts and output to 10 volts? Sink & source current of 25 ma. or greater is adequet. The 74ac541 has worked well with...
5
5

a couple of good books
This is hilarious. This guy is a great writer, and he names names and calls most of them very bad words. Lots of SF and SV lore, including burgers at Zeitgeist [1]. Anyone thinking of founding or...
16
16

engineering lore
Actual electronic design includes a zillion details of actual practice. I have a new PCB layout guy, so we're showing him how we do things. How are drawings named and numbered? During development and...
88
88

Simulated inductor with 100:1 current range
Hi, all, I'm up in the Adirondacks sitting on a deck above a lake, so for R&R I'm de signing a transistor noise tester to stand in for the late lamented HP 4470 A that I can't find for sale. I'd like...
24
24

JFET vs MOSFET
I am mostly an RF engineer , but our analog guy moved on and I am doing a l ittle bit of sustaining of his stuff. In looking at one of his circuits I have gone back to the basics on JFET and MOSFETS....
38
38

The intern
Assume you are an intern working on a SETI program at a somewhat advanced civilization on Iota Rectuli IV. Strong evidence of rocky planets have recently been discovered nearby in a minor arm of your...
37
37

Solar Panel Voltage Regulator
I know a desert rat who lives off the grid and uses a 180 watt solar panel to charge two 12 lead acid batteries in series (24 volts). The panel delivers about 5 amps at 36 volts which overcharges the...
79
79

SMD help please
Here's a part for example that says the package is "8-SMD" I'm a novice at SMD and the IC stuff is driving me *&% crazy. My software has a ton of SMD packages but nothing that says "8-SMD" and I'm...
17
17

Swiching Power Supply question
Just recieved a Mean Well quad output power supply. After powering it up and testing output I get drastic flucuations on all outputs, a ticking sound and the green indicator light flashing. I have...
14
14

night vision toy
This is pretty neat. It's some sort of CCD or CMOS color imager. It's not as sensitive as a Gen1 tube, but it's pretty good. It seems to be very sensitive to near IR at 850 nm, and also to my UV...
8
8

Wireless headphone to listen to music from computer
I am looking for a way to listen to my CDs from my computer without using wired headphones. What are my options ? __________________ Thanks, Andy
3
3