Wire spring configuration links

Good food for thought, thanks guys.

Reply to
Zack

Yep, everything I see in that line comes in at $5-$10 range, some of them handle some pretty hefty currents. Looks like what you need are called "sliding link disconnect"- might try running your own search.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Since the original application was telecom, the technology most likely arose from the powerhouse materials physicists at Bell Labs. I'm sure they would have been impressed with your assessment, not.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Thanks for the suggestion George - Octopart points to various suppliers who have the part listed as no longer available / discontinued.

Reply to
axolotyl

I'll have a look, thanks.

Reply to
axolotyl

I've seen them in telecom gear as well. They're reliable, and easy to use.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader