why use audions in the constant current circuit?

i studied a constant current source circuit showes below,and i don't understand why there are some audions in the circuit, what effect do they take?who can tell me? thanks (/center)

Reply to
change

i studied a constant current source circuit showes below,and i don't understand why there are some audions in the circuit, what effect do they take?who can tell me? thanks (/center)

Reply to
change

Sorry. "The connection was refused when trying to contact 202.99.23.246"

Reply to
Robert Baer

What's an audion ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Change,

The link doesn't work for me, so I can only speculate. If the audions, also known as valves (veddy veddy British) and tubes (crass American) are pentodes, pentodes have a constant current characteristic when the plate voltage is above a certain value. Matter of fact, their characteristics are very similar to FETs, which also exhibit this characteristic, i.e., the current is relatively independent of the Plate-Cathode (Drain-Source) voltage. Regards, Jon

Reply to
Jon

I use these for speaker connections...very effective when used in conjuction with imported galvanized mahogony connectors. When submerged in water they provide a huge damping factor. Regards, Jon

Reply to
Jon

Dr McCoy when they went back in time in star trek

from wikipedia: the name of a wireless signal detector device invented by Lee DeForest in 1906,

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

"martin griffith" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Well, I first thought these were gold plated, oxygen free phonons.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Hmmmm ... Dr McCoy was played by DeForest Kelley, and the device was invented by Lee DeForest.

Coincidence?

I don't think so.

-a

Reply to
Andy Peters

From memory, it seems to be a term adopted in various theoretical modeling disciplines to describe an overdriven linear circuit that can produce an output still containing intelligible information - a crude demodulator.

Last seem used in article about cmos current conveyors, but I have no electronic article references to offer.

Perhaps the OP could clarify his question using more common terms.

RL

Reply to
legg

Hello Graham,

This used to be the name for a feedback receiver in some parts of Europe. One where you fiddle with the feedback until you get just the right selectivity. A good design would have a very gentle transition into oscillation, ideally without any hysteresis. That would allow SSB reception.

I built one when I was a kid but it's gone. Wife doesn't like too much of the old stuff hanging around :-(

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Definitely not. See my post in the "Beam me up, Scotty" thread.

ISTR in that episode, Bones or someone asked Spock what he was doing (in a room where he has assembled all these 'radio tubes'), and he responded with something like "Making a Tricorder out of bearskins and stone axes." I have little doubt the exact wording is on the Web somewhere.

Also IIRC, having nothing to do with anything but allegedly part of the room-sized vacuum-tube tricorder and in the background of one of the shots, was a Jacob's Ladder.

-----

Ben Bradley

You mean a *boat anchor* !!

Reply to
Robert Baer

First hit on

.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

But not first hit on a google simply for audion which returned any number of hi-fi links.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear