Why plate degeneration in a cathode follower?

He must have a lot of disciples, I've seen their work everywhere. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The "X" indicates where i broke a connection, the arrows show a new connection (eg: move grid resistor from ground to cathode), and adding the jumpers put across the 10K plate degeneration resistors.

Lastly, the arrows show that the wire from the sine/square/pulse switch was moved from the divider to the (other) plate. Maybe i should experiment trying V5A instead of V5B plate for even greater overdrive (level was 6Vpk-pk now 30Vpk-pk; cold be 65Vpk-pk if used V5A). PS: Sorry i forgot how the Abbott & Costello joke went..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Maybe, but having a signal generator with sine output FIVE TIMES LESS in amplitude WRT other waveform output selections just ain't kosher. The CFs do not run any harder than before, the V5A bypass gives more drive for a better square / "pulse" waveform and has little effect on the oscillator; V5A is nowhere near to grid or plate glow..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Maybe we could start by defining WHAT is it supposed to do? .... spelling out GOZINTA/GOZOUTA.

(I actually have made three parts for PSpice: GOZINTA, GOZOUTA and GOZBI :-) ...Jim Thompson

Maybe we could start by defining WHAT is it supposed to do? .... spelling out GOZINTA/GOZOUTA.

(I actually have made three parts for PSpice: GOZINTA, GOZOUTA and GOZBI :-) ...Jim Thompson

For anybody that is interested:

First find of course.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

It's better acted out.

flipper

Joerg needs GOZBANG, as well.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Perhaps! I think he already covers that with GOZFLOP >:-}

GOZINTA, GOZOUTA and GOZBI are actually my "port" symbols, more compact than those provided with PSpice, and with easier to remember names ;-) ...Jim Thompson

You stole GOZINTA from Jethtro Bodine. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Prob-ba-LEE >:-} ...Jim Thompson

At least you ain't tryin to be no double naught spy. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

(if

NO

reduced

Sorry, i do not live in the PLAINs area of the US; i live in WA. Itza signal generator; selectable output sine, square, pulse.

Reply to
Robert Baer

How do you know ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

(if

NO

not

increase

reduced

Well? Describe how it's supposed to work... this switch position does this, etc., and the output is WHERE? ...Jim Thompson

(if

the

more

NO

not

increase

reduced

The OP could start by restoring the switch labels (and tube envelopes) in the schematic.

--

Tauno Voipio
Reply to

(if

the

more

NO

not

increase

reduced

I give up; if you cannot read a schematic..

Reply to
Robert Baer

(if

the

more

plate, NO

not

increase

cathode,

reduced

Knock off the horse-shit...I cannot read schematic.

If you want help, ask nicely >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Someone else designs his electronics. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Wasn't The Who on first and Jimi Hendrix on third?

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster