why does a car battery spark

My phosphenes don't look anything like scintillations. I have read that astronauts see scintillations from high-energy cosmic rays.

Phosphenes may be the equivalent of dithering an ADC to eliminate quantization errors and increase sub-LSB sensitivity.

John

A great book: "Voyage" by Sterling Hayden, the crusty old actor. It's a novel about a sailing ship going from New England to San Francisco with some passengers and a hold full of of coal. Damp coal.

John

spark....

the

12V

therelatively

car

air."

battery

spark

static

now.)

the

the

pump

which

9V

kick

You mean that it gives off light if I were to fart loudly near it?

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

spark....

connect the

a 12V

therelatively

a car

air."

the

battery

spark

100mA

static

if

now.)

the

the

pump

which

a 9V

kick

here

try

The missile launch detecting PMT that looks backward off the rear edge of the wings of the F4 Phantom can detect a single photon event.

My HVPS is in most of them and it leaks less then three picoamps. All detection events have high confidence of being positive. Probably can see gunfire.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

Note how you totally missed the character that was referenced.

I think you are just too damned dumb to grasp the depth of the wit in that one.

Also, that I do the same thing you do by choosing a different nym when I want to post a wise crack or joke or whatever the f*ck.

Get-eth thy selfish self-eth a clue-eth.

Reply to
OutsideObserver

Don't you mean "LSD Flashback"? Hahahaha.

Reply to
Bungalow Bill

I understand them just fine.

Reply to
MadManMoon

First time I have seen that one. Is that new? If so, it may actually be the first truly funny thing you have said in years (the new word idiot, not the suicide wish).

Reply to
DarkMatter

No, I've never cared for hallucinogens of any sort. I prefer speedy type drugs, specifically coffee and chocolate.

Auras are purely visual events, sort of a grand light show. For most people, they signal the start of a migraine, but for some reason mine fade out in 10 minutes or so.

Mine look sort of like this

but more like a bright yellow throbbing rugby ball instead of the black central part, surrounded by the characteristic jagged sawtooth black border, which seems to be a common theme.

I get hallucinations sometimes too, only very early in the morning before I get up. I really enjoy them.

Brains are great toys.

John

OK, but please don't explain them to me.

John

it's got to be less by several orders of magnitude, too much background noise from bodily function for a start.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

When you see me explaining them to you, you can ask me to stop. Until then, don't fabricate events.

Reply to
MadManMoon

I'm an electronics designer. It's my job to fabricate events.

John

I'd still want to see some numbers. Hearing is awfully sensitive. The real problem is external background: it's reasonable (but not trivial) to contrive a space that has essentially zero background photons, but a good anechoic chamber is very difficult to come by. In a good one, after a half hour or so, you start to hear the blood pumping through your neck, and your heart beating.

Vision is also far more directional than hearing, which again helps discriminate against background.

Anybody know the hearing threshold in terms of actual watts present at the eardrum?

John

I was wondering what the smell was.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

--
Reply to
John Fields

I do not care anymore. Stop making entropy.

Bill

-- Private Profit; Public Poop! Avoid collateral windfall!

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Well, sometimes, but it is a 50Hz or lower that can effect me...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Your new nym is StinkyMatter.

John

How many dynodes? How did you make the dynode voltages?

John