Why are transparent trimpots so rare?

This is frustrating. I'm on a dynamic IP, so every time I reboot I have to log onto

and change the IP number, which is

71.103.105.212 , and stick it in the apache httpd.conf file, but I don't know what else I can do - it's always worked before. )-;

FWIW, I've just restarted apache, 6 PM PST, Thur, 12/14/06.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

If you make ladder attenuators e.g. R-2R ladder for ~6dB steps, there is another pair of integers which gives nice attenuation steps: R-75R. (you could use e.g. 15R and R/5 since that can be more convenient, or 5R and R/15 if that suits you better.) The steps you get are even closer to 1dB than the R-2R steps are to 6dB. You need a funny value on the last stage to terminate it, but at least there is only one of those (or two if you need to terminate both ends for some reason).

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

That works at low frequencies... at 5GHz, the DAC provides current control to a bipolar buffer amplifier.

...Jim Thompson