What is the purspose of pre-tinned wire?

Dimbulb is replying to himself again, in the hope no one will notice what an idiot he is.

If you look at the headers for both they will have the same IP address:

He is filtered because he never posts anything useful. He always uses low grade insults that are barely on a third grade level, on his few good days.

Michael A. Terrell

I have no knowledge of these particular posters or their ISPs but I caution readers not to assume that identical NNTP-Posting-Host addresses automatically mean the same user; some small ISPs assign RFC 1918 addresses to clients and have a small block of public IPs exposed to the 'Net. Also, a public access machine or a shared machine in a residence may conceivably be used by different posters. Combining the weight of circumstantial evidence such as posting IP address, user agent, bang path, etc. together with an analysis of lexical style may result in a more cogent argument for a poster's identity.

Michael

Reply to
msg

He is on Cox cable, which assigns a dynamic IP address to a cable modem, The only way it changes is to disconnect the modem long enough for it to be assigned to someone else. My dynamic IP address is on the same fiber optic backbone and hasn't changed in three years, even after days of the electric being out after a storm. All you have to do is read the headers and writing style. He is a boring little troll, with delusions of being human.

Michael A. Terrell

Yes and unless and until a crime has been committed, which it hasn't, you can all f*ck off and die.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

The post to which I now devoutly wish I had left alone had referred to Silver Oxide., and that's what I was trying to correct.

If there's a verb to use to refer specifically to turning an element into its oxide, to eliminate confusion with the generalized oxidation process, please let me know what it is

Reply to
spamtrap1888

Combustion is probably the closest you are going to get. Oxidation is generally associated with a loss of electrons, you could even argue that something like a lewis acid and base is a redox reaction...

Reply to
Chris Street

Yes, Roy. We know you're off your meds, again.

Reply to
krw

That isn't an RFC-1918 address. It belongs to Cox Communications, Inc.

True, but DimBulb is infamous for sock-puppetry.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

--
Acceptable Use Policy

Prohibited Activities. You may not use the Service in a manner that
violates any applicable local, state, federal or international law,
order or regulation. Additionally, You may not use the Service to:
     *Conduct, participate in, or otherwise facilitate pyramid or other
illegal soliciting schemes.
     *Take part in any fraudulent activities, including impersonating
any person or entity or forging anyone else\'s digital or manual signature.
     *Invade another person\'s privacy, stalk, harass, or otherwise
violate the rights of others.
     *Post, transmit, or disseminate content that is illegal,
threatening, abusive, libelous, slanderous, defamatory, promotes
violence, or is otherwise offensive or objectionable.
[...]
Reply to
Bob Larter

Indeed, and I don't expect a large operator like Cox to do it, but some ISPs NAT their clients with RFC-1918 addresses, all of which translate to a single public IP, ergo, many NNTP users may all originate from a single IP.

Michael

Reply to
msg

I used to use the terms 'oxidised' to refer to the production of the oxide, and 'oxidation product' for the general case other than oxides.. Context should anyway make it clear which is which.

--

from
Aero Spike

otice

ion

ically

ch as

ntity.

YOU ARE THE SCUM FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK

AND STILL GOOD LUBRICANT FOR THE PROSECUTION I WILL PROCEED TO DEEP PROBE YOU AND YOUR CO-WHORST UNTIL YOU ALL WITHDRAW AND PROVIDE COMPENSATION FOR THE LOSS YOU'VE COST THIS GROUP WITH YOUR BACK ALLEY ANTICS AND DISRESPECT

YOU SHAMELESS HOMOPHOBIC TWITTER

I AM PROTEUS

Reply to
proteusiiv

I once watched a guy build a 1KW linear out of surplus parts. He had this beautiful silver-plated tank coil, and this idiot SAMDPAPERED the tarnish off!

Can you say "skin effect", boys and girls? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yes, f*****ad. Now show me a state or federal statute, you stupid f*ck. Then go back and read what I said.

Cox will send you information about using your filters.

If I were to commit a crime, they would forward any pertinent information on to whichever authority necessary.

Until a crime is committed, idiots like you can f*ck off and die.

You got that, you stupid f*ck?

I find you retarded bastards offensive and objectionable.

That makes my case as strong, if not stronger than you your retarded case.

No go find something real to involve yourselves in, you petty little E-1 grade bastards.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Not Roy, dumbfuck krw. You are so demented that you have forgotten how to track the people that you attack. Typical troll retardation.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

It could have been solid Silver.

Also, Silver plated wire DOES have favorable skin effect, sanded or not. Tarnished Silver wire would not be as favorable.

Can you say get a grip on what skin effect is?

The coil will do the job it is designed for in either case.

Reply to
Dr. Heywood R. Floyd

Yes, Roy. We know you're off your meds.

No, Roy. I've not forgotten you.

Reply to
krw

Fuck off, KeithTard.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

True, but it's quite rare at ISPs. NATing is usually done in businesses, rather than at ISPs.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

From time to time (for many years now) I deal with issues involving H.323 and RTP connectivity (payload contains IP information) and I am always surprised by the number of ISPs I encounter that NAT their clients. These are mostly small operators and often rural. I too run a neighborhood WISP that NATs the clients, many of whom use the same O/S and NNTP user agents, and I would be quite distressed if newsgroup readers assumed that IP addresses and message headers uniquely identify the poster who just happened to be a neighbor and not myself.

Michael

Reply to