What is the most powerful audio output tube?

crest factor is *huge*, bass or no bass. "

I have looked at ALOT of audio on the scope. I know how it looks at differe nt sweep speeds, and I also know how a 1 KHz square wave looks when you put with through an equalizer.

I can tell some of the instruments used, if solo, on a scope without hearin g them.

I know what you're talking about but still, this unreal "RAMS power" has to be measured in a standardized way. If not it means nothing. Got a new kilo meter, got a new volt, and a whole new trig table. New femtometers and pars ecs whie were at it. And a new counting method. (the Hillary lovers are pla ying this one up but SHE for some reason has not called for a recall, proba bly because of skeletons in the closet, and I have no love for Trump, he is just less worse)

Al statistics seem to change, this is WRONG. Math was the last vestige of r eal logic, even though it got f***ed up sometimes by people giving the wron g weight to various variables. But now most people don't understand enough to be qualified to question these things. S the liberals won through the sc hool system and millenial think they got a free living coming in a country where there are no jobs that make money that the government can steal for t hem. They killed the goose that laid the golden eggs.

Wanna argue that ? You wanna bring a new 200 WPC amp over here and have a f ight with my "Flame Linear" ? Bring it.

Yes, I am pissed off at how they lie. I am pissed opff at how they lie abou t politics as well but I just don't feel like going into it right now. Suff ice it to say the cold war was a ruse designed to get people to support the biggest military buildup in history. Russia was never going to attack us a nd we were never going to attack them, but they whipped people up into a da mnear frenzy to support the military contractors. And don't call them defen se contractors, this government does not defend this country. Ever. Every f oreign attack on this country has succeeded.

I an sick sick sick of the bullshit, and I don't care what is in Hillary's emails, I want to know how the f*ck the Russians could get into it, if they did. If they did that means we have alot more problems than that. If the R ussians can do it so can alot of other people, and I mean people who REALLY don't like us. With Trump we are probably looking at a fairly stable relat ionship with Russia. But there are other countries and they have hackers as well. there are all the BRICS countries, and the ones in the non-aligned w hich has like over 100 countries in it, none of them have computer schools ?

And a really high percentage of what the US claims as GDP is what the banks are getting, paper money. Other countries are building things that people actually buy.

You might as well just look at the fuse rating on the back f an amp, multip ly that by 120 and divide in half to get the total output. Ir it is stereo, half per channel. You just can't trust anything anymore. Certainly not "th em".

Reply to
jurb6006

Then I can only surmise that you didn't understand what you were seeing.

But still have no idea what you're seeing.

It is.

Irrelevant gibberish.

Irrelevant.

They aren't. You just have no idea what you're talking about.

More irrelevance.

And another steaming pile of it.

You might. But like everything else you've posted, it wouldn't make any sense.

Reply to
krw

I have a couple of used - but gently treated - EIMAC 4CX3000A tetrodes that I'd be willing to part with. If you're interested, email me with a bid.

Reply to
John Fields

--
Which transformer?
Reply to

--
Music is, to a first approximation, the sum and difference of many
sine waves, and if you think that music isn't used used to drive

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

What would we do without jurb, bitrex, jasen betts, rickman, krw, slowman and whit3rd for entertainment ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

You might consider the 5831:

No, I haven't used them, but the data sheet rates them for Class-B audio use at 370kW per pair!! You'll need a heater supply of 2100A per tube, & the rest > >>

Reply to
David R Brooks

--
Do you endorse KRW?
Reply to

Larkin doesn't endorse anyone. He just plays horse's-ass to keep his name "in the lights".

But then, again, maybe he does endorse krw... Larkin is just as ignorant. ...Jim Thompson

Since the journey is described in terms of distance, speed is of no consequence.

John Fields.

Reply to
John Fields

--
Larkin should be included in that batter as well, and the answer might
be that we should laugh at our own foibles.

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

On 01/10/17 23:09, David R Brooks so wittily quipped:

let alone, the size of the output transformer

Reply to
Big Bad Bob

On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 10:20:51 AM UTC-5, boomer#...@none.com wro te:

I had MacIntosh MI2OO? amplifiers at one time. They deliverered 200 watts R MS out of two RCA8000 tubes. 940 volts to the plates. I once looked up the RCA8000 and it was not listed as an audio output tube, but that is what was powering the amps. I owned two of them . We would use them for bass guitar or the PA.

Reply to
dragonworks1

I wonder if that guy ever completed the project (post is from 2016.) You can get ~500 watts out of two 813 transmitting tubes in class AB with

2500 volts on the plates:

But it's probably one of those "if you have to ask you shouldn't be attempting this project in the first place"-projects, even from just a cost perspective I expect the iron alone for just one channel of an amp like that is going to run a couple grand.

Reply to
bitrex

Megawatt AM modulators.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Search for some very old medium wave AM transmitters. These had essentially two signal paths, one for the RF carrier power and the other for the audio. These are combined in the huge modulation transformer (tens of kilowatts), so just replace the modulation transformer with an audio output transformer.

You have to go back at least half century, since at least 40 years ago

500 kW AM/SSB transmitters used class -D (PWM) to feed the anode voltage of the RF output tube.
Reply to
upsidedown

I think it was Fairchild that used a pair of 4CX250Bs per channel to drive a stereo record-cutting lathe; the cutterhead coil wire was insulated with glass and ceramic.

In terms of wattage against price, the 4CX250B is quite an economical valve to use for audio. You should get 590 watts from a pair in Class AB push-pull with 2kV on the anodes. A 500 watt output transformer is going to be the biggest expense unless you are prepared to wind one yourself.

You will need a blower for the cooling airflow - normally the noise from this would be a nuisance in audio applications, but after a couple of minutes at 500 watts per channel your ears will never again be able to hear anything that quiet.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

I'll see your 4CX250B and raise you a 4CX1000A. Two of them operating in class AB1 will produce 3260 watts of audio power. I think they will handle a pair of headphones.

Reply to
John S

But then there is the 4CX5000, 4CX10000, etc.

Reply to
John S

The problem with the old transmitting jugs is that they need to run at high plate voltages to make much power. Then the problem becomes, where do you get the output transformer?

Not to mention hundreds of watts of filament power.

But a couple of 833As will impress your friends.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com