What Happened to Aluminium Solder?

It has the advantage of consistency with other "ium" elements, but consistency isn't all that important in the English language.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

You might try the newgroups archives, e.g.

"Soldering to Aluminum"

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Perhaps you mean 450C?

Marc

Reply to
Marc Guardiani

"Bob Eld" <

** My god you are a hee hawing, f****ng, Septic Tank ass - Bob .

......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Spehro Pefhany"

** This Wiki has the history of the name and explains how Americans came to use a different spelling.

It was all the result of a *spelling error* used in a 1892 hand bill advertising electrolytic production of the metal.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Marc Guardiani" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com:

Al solders work at well below the melting point of Al. Google "Alumiweld".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

If you want some Aluminum Solder, You can contact me through my website:

I have a few rolls of it.

********************************************************* > What to do when you have to solder parts to aluminium?
Reply to
chemelec

------------------ Cool :) Hopefully it's safe. Some posters warned me of toxic cadmium fumes.. Is it flux core?. (Assuming flux core also works with Al.) I'm preparing for the project for now and will be shopping for materials next month.

Thanks... I'll save the link. D

--------------------

If you want some Aluminum Solder, You can contact me through my website:

I have a few rolls of it.

********************************************************* > What to do when you have to solder parts to aluminium?

myth

.
Reply to
D from BC

I got five, but this post was one of them. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Exactly once i successfully used standard 63/37 rosin core solder to solder normal electronic part leads to an aluminum clock hand. I did it immediately after filing the aluminum. I have not been able to repeat the event.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

It just makes me wonder what they call the flux....

Reply to
Chris Jones

Phil.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

perhaps your file was contaminated with oil?

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Just how do you corollate a contaminated file with success?

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

The oil would keep oxygen from the fresh aluminum surface long enough for you to solder to it.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If the file had oil on it and left a thin layer of oil on the cleaned aluminium perhaps that could stop oxidation and allow soldering.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen