Wanted to make an April 1 joke, but this may actually work, or will it?

Wanted to make an April 1 joke, but this may actually work, or will it?

The joke was like this:
 New 1 pin chip makes PCBs redundant,
The new 1 pin chips from Motolola do away with complicated printed circuit
boards.
The new chips have only 1 pin, a small vertical antenna on top,
and communicate via a wireless link with each other in the 2 Tera Hertz band.
The chips are powered by either an inductive field system as invented by MIT
(and Tesla),
or by heating the material they are glued on, using the thermal difference
between
bottom and top to generate a voltage using a Peltier element.
Because the chips are so tiny, and packed extremely close together, the RF energy
to establish communication is very low.
For I/O to the outside a bit more powerful bluetooth like technology is used.

So, anyway, when I had that idea, I though I ought to patent it,
but OK, here it is.... could even work.

Re: Wanted to make an April 1 joke, but this may actually work, or will it?
On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 12:56:48 GMT, Jan Panteltje

boards.
(and Tesla),
between
energy

Too late. We already use lots of 1-pin parts on our schematics.

John

Re: Wanted to make an April 1 joke, but this may actually work, or will it?
On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 07:08:43 -0700, John Larkin

boards.
(and Tesla),
between
energy

My mother-in-law, commenting on our marriage, figuring failure, said
we should have waited one more day (until April 1 ;-)

Celebrated Anniversary #49 last evening!

                                        ...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E.                           |    mens     |
| Analog Innovations, Inc.                         |     et      |

Yes, Jim.  We got it.  Forty-nine years.  Did I mention we got it?

---
Michael

Re: Wanted to make an April 1 joke, but this may actually work, or will it?

let me know when you have a 7805 up and running

Re: Wanted to make an April 1 joke, but this may actually work, or will it?

boards.
(and Tesla),
between
energy
   For I/O, an outer layer(ers) of 100 or so are used in parallel to get
the desired power output..
..and grounded units would use terra hertz signals...

Re: Wanted to make an April 1 joke, but this may actually work, or will it?

Doesn't go far enough. Zero pins. Don't need a vertical antenna. Use
flat chip base as capacitor with glue to ground plane as dielectric.
Flat loop or other aperture antennas. Better yet put antennas top and
bottom and forget the board. Just throw them in a glass. Oh wait,
that's already been done too. that's the chip the gummint injects in
your butt to track you from satellites.

Re: Wanted to make an April 1 joke, but this may actually work, or will it?

Nahh, I just checked, nothing there.

Er... :-p

Tim

Site Timeline