variable-frequency power source?

We used an audio amp and a signal generator. At 20W output you can use a

12V 2 amp filament transformer. Cheap.

Tam

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT

We need 120Vac @ ~10w, adjustable (and fairly stable) over 50-70hz. Cost is an issue.

Among other ideas:

- std signal generator -> audio amp -> step-up transformer.

- modify a UPS, so the frequency can be adjusted.

Does anyone have any experience/thoughts on these, or other better ideas?

Thanks, George

Reply to
George

What distortion can you tolerate?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Been there done that.

The amp isn't terribly happy with a typical psu on the output. Tends to trigger the protection.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Fairly gross: ultimately, the object is to simulate a gas-powered generator.

George

Reply to
George

I recently used the first route, an HP200CD, a Quad 405 Amp into a

15-230vac transformer. It worked very well, but I did require a decent resistor across the amp output to keep it stable at all freqs (from 16 to 400 Hz)

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox