Using photonics for real-time processing.

Yawn.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Aren't you due back at the home?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

So what? Not everyone reads EE Times. Your implying that you do read it is useless and supercilious.

But the intelligent readers start at the beginning so they can contribute in context to later posts rather than appear as the egocentric fool you appear to be.

Not so lazy that I don't at least scan the EE Times when it arrives. Your references to it were crap.

I understand why you disagree with us; you are in denial. Your post were shallow.

Reply to
Don Bowey

It seems that you have been sleeping again. Ever heard of MRAM?

You lose... again.

Not a lab curiosity, chump. Neither is the technology that was mentioned by the magazine last week.

Reply to
JackShepherd

MRAM is not optical, jackass.

Try finding something with relevance to the topic.

You lose... Again.

Reply to
Don Bowey

"JackShepherd" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

What a wonderfully mature response.

Of course, the fact that this IS a Usenet groupOr means that one can always review the entire thread before jumping in with both feet in one's mouth...unless, of course, that's simply too much trouble for you.

Or has this simply not yet occured to you?

Bob M. .

Reply to
Bob Myers

"JackShepherd" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Please feel free to do so. Also please at least try to imagine the degree of mental anguish that your "filtering" of my posts will cause me. I have no idea how I will manage to carry on, and yet, somehow, I suspect that I will.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Bullshit. I suppose that you think that the FET is the modern equivalent of the Deforest Audion?

Freescale has ONE lousy MRAM part, a lousy 256k * 16 at $22.51 each, per thousand. they are overpriced, and require magnetic shielding. Talk about a "Boutique Part" It would take eight of them to replace a single flash memory, and the price takes them completely out of the picture. You lose, it would NEVER pass design review. Its too expensive, takes too much board space and requires special shielding, yet has nothing on the positive side. OTOH, the "Capstore" SRAM that was sold by ZMD was a very useful part that I put into a design that is on the International Space Station.

You are too dense to realize that EE times is a "gee whiz" publication, like Popular Mechanics and the "Flying Car" articles they used to run. yes, it COULD be built, but there is no valid reason to do it.

If you like MRAM so much, why don't you put 4 GB of it in your PC?

So, once again it seems you are the DOLT, dolt.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In real years, or marketing years? I guess that you like to let marketing people blow smoke up your ass?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Maybe he IS a marketeer. Sounds like one; knows lots of words, but doesn't know zip.

Reply to
Don Bowey

I doubt that he's smart enough for marketing, even though that is near the bottom of the corporate food chain. Maybe he's the Janitor at EE times? Janitors get a lot of smoke, too.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I think he's talking about this

From it

and this

said.

Their home page at

isn't exactly confidence inspiring and product specs hasn't been updated since 2005. Given the comment in the article that they *need* 8 million in near term funding, I suspect they might be talking up vapourware in order to raise funds just to operate.

Although seriously, the 16x OC768 comment is irrelevant because that's refering to the networking module's speed, not the optical storage.

--
A Lost Angel, fallen from heaven
Lost in dreams, Lost in aspirations,

Anymore, Janator at EE Times is likely one of the more respected jobs. At least one presumes they do an honest day's work, rather than lay on their back with their legs spread.

--
  Keith
Reply to

At least his being a janitor would be an honest day's work. Something he can't do on Usenet. :(

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

As well as an E-1 grade, holier than thou piece of shit can, I suppose.

Reply to
JackShepherd

Because that is not the application it is meant for, dipshit.

Hardly.

Reply to
JackShepherd

It is really sad how you react to being found uniformed on a topic.

First, you deride the publication (which is not as you describe, btw), then you deride the products in it.

Real good, Terrell. Par for the course for an asswipe that posts a picture of a donkey EIGHT times in one thread, all because you dislike the person you are having your "mature" discourse with in the thread.

Great job, asshole.

Reply to
JackShepherd

You lost. Get over it.

The technology comes from JPL.

Are you gonna put them down too now, boy?

Reply to
JackShepherd

Yawn. Look at the thousands of ideas they have pumped out since their inception that lead nowhere. It is a research center, ad their job is to test theories. Some work, and some don't. Think "Tax funded Edison Labs".

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Look in the miroor and take the "I'm an ass" sign off.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida