Use of Microwave Diodes

On Sun, 7 Jun 2015 10:47:56 -0400, M Philbrook Gave us:

You are the idiot. He doesn't need to make a 22 stage multiplier.

And f*ck off and die telling someone to "shut your trap", you retarded piece of shit.

I made HV supplies for years.

You? Likely never have.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sun, 7 Jun 2015 10:47:56 -0400, M Philbrook Gave us:

One does NOT "rectify" HV with a multiplier, idiot.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I used 20kv at 550 ma, equals 11,000 watts. Turns out 550ma was wrong. I questioned it, thus ? and ?. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

And you had a fine personality, right up until that last high voltage shock. Now, well, you can read your own posts, right? Mikek

Reply to
amdx

you sound like someone I work with, painfully, no matter what it is he's done it for thirty years.

And for your information, I work with 2 Mev+ supplies so I know a bit about HV and their components, Jack.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Ouuuuu, bet that was like looking for a needle in a haystack,,, that really gets be upset, pea brain.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

You are over looking something simple here. it's the forward voltage you need to measure, which in this case could be around at most maybe 20 volts = 10 watts, that's just a guess the voltage could be much less.

jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

On the contrary, if one has a source of high frequency AC, the usual rectifier scheme for high voltages is called 'voltage doubler', 'tripler', 'voltage multiplier', or Cockcroft-Walton. These all refer to a capacitors-and-diodes ladder that rectifies (produces DC output) from an AC input.

In the Cockcroft-Walton design, each diode and each capacitor need only stand off the input voltage, not the higher output voltage.

Reply to
whit3rd

But a rectifier intended for line frequency may work just fine. Many years ago I changed the parts used in a device. The original circuit used 1n627 rectifiers and a 2n657 for an 81.6 Khz signal. At the time the 1n627 had no spec on recovery time. It was having recovery current spikes, but the c ircuit worked anyway. Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I was talking output power not power across the diodes.

Mikek

amdx

On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 12:00:28 -0500, amdx Gave us:

Now you are being a goddamned idiot too, eh?

One does not survive HVDC "shocks". One gets killed by them. That is... on the types of supplies we made. Some little pussy camera flash charger doesn't qualify.

More like the anode supply on the HUGE 3-gun projectors that were used in commercial aircraft in the late '80s and up (for quite a few years). There still a couple in service actually. They were 22kV, IIRC. Even the "splitter" had to be potted in high end HV potting compound.

Let's just say that there are no "wrist straps in use on HV test benches.

I never received one. But thanks for playing... or trying to.

Where the f*ck do you get off mouthing off like a punk in defense of that retarded pedophilebrook asswipe? Don't bother answering.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sun, 7 Jun 2015 14:14:40 -0400, M Philbrook Gave us:

You're an abject idiot.

Bullshit. You suggested a 22 stage C-W multiplier with mere 1kV diodes in it as a "solution" to a simple rectification question. You are a transparent, blatant liar, at best. It doesn't get any more retarded than the shit you spew.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sun, 7 Jun 2015 14:22:11 -0400, M Philbrook Gave us:

snip

You are retarded. A single 15kV diode has more than a 60V drop in conduction.

I doesn't get any more lame than you and your guesswork.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sun, 7 Jun 2015 11:36:28 -0700 (PDT), whit3rd Gave us:

On the contrary indeed.. He did not ask to INCREASE the voltage.

Not even a little bit.

And I know EXACTLY what the "needs" of each stage of a C-W multiplier are. I certainly do not need a primer from a dope trying to use one as a mere rectification device. Or a dope like you trying to back him up.

One does not see them in microwave ovens. There is a reason for that fact. .

And the string in a TV flyback is a series string, not a multiplier string. There is a reason the C-W array is called a doubler, or tripler, and it has nothing to do with rectifying an AC signal.. It is specifically meant to produce the desired HV DC "product".

He did not ask to increase the voltage. He asked to rectify it.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

 Click to see the full signature

Careful now, you're showing the world what you really don't know, of course not every one here will notice.. Try looking up a schenkel voltage multiplier and study that, that is if you can understand how it works. May it'll give you some clue. What a thimbleberry, just hanging around, hoping someone will notice, until a bird comes along and cleans up the trash.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Oh really?

We work with 50kV diode modules that have 25 volt drop, explan that one you misinformed fool.

You really should stop before you completely lose what little credibility you have now. Even Slugman is more impressive than you at the moment. Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

good one John :)

Reply to
M Philbrook

On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 19:51:08 -0500, amdx Gave us:

Fuck you, retard boy. His history involves insulting me so when he gets it back in his face, assholes liken you "notice"? Fuck you. You should have noticed HIS behavior YEARS ago.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 19:51:08 -0500, amdx Gave us:

Again, you clueless twit, your selective notice of behavior is astounding. It is always like that with dopes like you. You notice the moment, not the history that caused the moment.

You probably think we should "negotiate with Iran" too.