USB Spectrum Analysis S'ware

I am looking for spectrum analysis software, with similar capabilities to "Sigview" or "Spectrum Lab+, but that will read data from the USB port instead of soundcard input.

I don't need dedicated PC test equipment like BitScope, or a full blown science package like LabView. Just a way to display the output of my LabJack DAQ.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Steve Hammond

Reply to
Steve Hammond

*exactly* (specifically) how are you getting that signal into the USB port?
Reply to
PeterD

Check if this one can be re-piped to USB streaming:

There is a routine where the input stream origin can be programmed to some extent but I am not a software expert and have not used this part of it:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

LTspice + whatever you need to access your labjack.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Interesting, that would be cool. How do you stream the data from the LabJack into LTSpice though?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I suspect he's thinking of using LTSpice's ability to suck in a .wav file, perhaps?

Reply to
Joel Koltner

AFAIR you have to do that by hand, wouldn't be much of a spectrum analyzer.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

How about using ADC evaluation software from TI or ADI. Not sure if you can use it for real time analysis but you can at least do post processing analysis of the data by improting the data to the software tool.

gravpoet

DasyLab is much cheaper than LabView...

dasylab.aspx

Reply to
gravpoet
  1. If narrow band, mix with LO and downconvert. If wideband, sample periodically to divide.
  2. Feed audio frequency signal into computer's microphone or line input.
  3. Record WAV and analyze with your choice of free FFT software.

Mind to keep notes of LO frequency or sample rate to calculate the converted frequencies.

Tim

Tim Williams