USB SPDIF TOS Conversion IC wanted

Folks,

I'm looking for an IC which can convert a USB audio stream to SPDIF (TOS). Texas Instruments Burr Brown has the PCM2704, which does the job ->

My problem: the USB part needs to act as USB host, but the PCM2704 is a USB client only.

I need either a) something like the PCM2704, but with USB host capabilities or b) USB client, but cheaper than the PCM2704

I could also live without the analogue output which the PCM2704 provides. All I need is USB to SPDIF.

Best, Andr=E9

Reply to
Wookie

The problem here is that a 'USB host', needs a specific driver for every device it is to talk to. There is no 'standard' for different audio devices regarding the format that the data is sent over USB, so the driver would need to be custom written to talk to whatever client device you intended to ge the data from. Generating the SPDIF stream, would be relatively easy for any processor. What you want could be done by the FTDI Vinculum core, but would need a very significant amount of programming to handle the USB...

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett