Uart through an audio transformer

Why not Manchester coding?

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Treason doth never prosper: what\'s the reason?

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

for IrDa?

one is the idle state of a uart, making that no light saves power

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

like

d to

tems.de

Or Modified Duobinary. My recollection is not only does it get rid of DC, but it has a less low frequency content. I took a pulse modulation class from Adam Lender in the dark ages. To say he was demanding puts it kindly.

Reply to
miso

How does it look like? I've found this for Duobinary:

Looks like you'll need an additional clock signal for it or some other synchronisation, like the start/stop bit in RS232.

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

One question, is it a problem if your data stream is audible?

TheM

Hopefully, it's to timestamp, in a very primitive way an audio feed. The idea is to just dump N81, from the uart at a low level, say -30 or-40dBFS, and then have a little black box containing a preamp to logic levels to drive a FTDI 232/USB thing, or maybe a USB HID/ keyboard. I like the idea of using a cheapo telecom/modem transformer, because it is floating, and will take up less PCB real estate than the electronically balanced equivalent. The Etal P3181 ( from farnell etc) seems to fit the requirements

I'll try it on my canon xl1s audio channels, to see if it works, when I get my hands on a P3181

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

A bit steep, but a nice no-hassle part. I wonder how it performs above 4KHz.

I was recently thinking about sending some data over audio channel, but above audible range. Haven't quite figured out yet how to do it without much hardware. FSK at 20+ KHz probably.

TheM

Not a problem, the data is only dumped when required. been mucking around with some irritating 8051 bugs, so I havent really got any further with this

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith