Twisted Pair or Coax for 1:1 Transformer?

ah..it's a specialty item..

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Just because it is "specialty" does not mean that it is hard to manufacture nor that they will not send a sample. Quite often "specialty" only means low volume.

Reply to
JosephKK

a short bit like that should be fairly easy to make,

loop the wire beween two hooks so that tension can equalise pull and twist, (eg: use a hand (powered) drill holding the sencond hook)

Reply to
Jasen Betts

I've used that technique many times ! It works very well.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

I guess there's no worries of losing the star shape when the wire is twisted. *

  • * *

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

I made a doubly balanced mixer using that technique ! The hardest part was getting different coloured 32swg enamelled wire

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Light colored insulation and a few felt tip marking pens work wonders.

Reply to
PeterD

Aww Thats the easy way :-) :-)

Actually a firm in Sheffield supplied me with Red, Green, Blue and Yellow enamelled copper wire on 1oz reels. The solder through insulation type. Sadly they have ceased trading now ! They were very helpful and generous.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.