TV Digital to analog converter

Hi--- I've been on Google for a few hours searching for a reasonable priced converter. A very long search, plus I have learned that the Satellite TV doesn't support the wide screen format in digital.

Other than confused, is there a decent TV D/A converter out there, and does it go up to channel 999 or whatever the top channel limit is presently?

Does the cable company charge if I buy my own?

It is probably way above my head to try to build one, even though I'm an old geezer that designed electronics ages ago (1960's).

Sure would like some help on this. I've already spent some considerale hours, and probably someone here already has been down that road and already has an answer or a source.

Thanks--- Ron

Reply to
Ron G