TUTORIAL - Example 1, Using Femm to Calculate Component Values of Simple Microstrip to use in LTspice/PSpice

On a sunny day (Tue, 05 May 2015 13:20:58 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Well, that was the idea behind yahoo mail, could access it from anywhere, airport, home, train, sea. I still use it for emergency and not urgent stuff. They data-mine everything. It is infested with irritating useless stuff and what is left does not work right.

So, given your own server and ssh in Linux, what is it you cannot do? Plus I have a website hosted in 'merrica for a few dollars a year. that does not work right and the helpdesk is useless, so again and again I think about moving the site back here too. In fact it is up now and then.

It is not that a 'server' is something special, every 35$ IP webcam is one. My Linksys WiFi access point is one, it used to be online, did not want to go into programming MIPS and the Raspi takes less power. I do have the MIPS cross compiler installed on an other PC.

Anyways, server-push... I just wrote an other internet server see my posting in sci.crypt, so might as well use the code and get rid of Apache and php, and read up on server-push in html5 and DIY . Amazing when I was backing up that 16GB SDcard (it uses tar -zcvf) I see all those files fly by, 90% of the sh*t on that Raspi should not need to be there, like PCI drivers in Linux kernel LOL, plus all those network cards, plus Qt? Plus... you would not believe the age of bloat we are in. Sure, I can do web server on a PIC 18F (I did a UDP stack for the LED lights on it), so ...

I had a nightmare that I was working for a Telco and boss made a 8 layer board with a signal generator that spit out random noise to fill up the part of spectrum he was not using, hard to argue, I woke up, did I eat something wrong ;-)?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

+1. I do the same thing. Git also protects you against file corruption--if corruption happens to a file before committing, you can go back to the last uncorrupted version using the cherry-pick function. If it happens to the repository, it'll flunk the integrity check, and won't overwrite the good copies. It runs nicely over ssh with a forwarded port, so my servers don't expose any well-known ports to the public net.

My old method was to periodically make zipfile images of each project. When I migrated to git, I wrote a script that, starting with the oldest image, unzipped them into a clean directory and committed all the files.

So I now have complete git histories dating back way before git was even written. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Thanks for the suggestion, Clifford, but the 'last' time I tried to use Dropbox, ir took over an hour. I never did get registered, so was never offered any 'choice' of type of posting. However during that time, Dropbox kept me from doing nything else, with a hanging PC, small few seconds to try to use the PC for something else, hang the PC, a few small seconds to try to use the PC for something else, hang the PC, etc and most of the time show something, then blank screen until next screen. Uet, could hear the PC doing a LOT of activity ...so killed the connection. When I purged that system to clean it out, purging images, took a VERY long time and found that my cookies had doubled with a myriad of those 'tracking' cookies, etc. Absolutely unrelated to Dropbox. So I learned to stay away from Dropbox.

Reply to
RobertMacy

I have some of those too, imported from SVN using git-svn.

Reply to
Clifford Heath