Turn Signals

On a sunny day (Mon, 03 Nov 2008 23:16:47 GMT) it happened Richard The Dreaded Libertarian wrote in :

NO IT IS BECAUSE YOU INSULTED MY TUBE VOTING MACHINE.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Tubes can't vote, because they aren't registered.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Could this RAM chip vote?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Well, I'm sorry if you're insulted, but it is a really abysmally stupid idea.

What really needs to be done is to get rid of the all-or-nothing two and only two-party electoral system:

For example, California has 55 electoral votes. If, say, 28 of them are for the pretty boy, and 27 of them are for the white-haired wrinkly guy, then when they report to the fed they report ALL 55 VOTES FOR THE PRETTY BOY. They ACTUALLY CHANGE YOUR VOTE!

That's fundamentally wrong.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

On a sunny day (Tue, 04 Nov 2008 19:23:15 GMT) it happened Richard The Dreaded Libertarian wrote in :

But that is the principle of democrazy. Or rule by majority. Unfortunately majory is very often wrong. Majority stated the earth was flat for example.

In the tube based system the tubes rule, and their soft clipping gives everyone a warm feeling.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Only in its home district. Don't tell me that you've never seen RAM put out what it wanted, instead of what you stored in it. :)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That does not address the issue at all. I think they are a good thing, and when autos used to have the signals in center front, they made it possible to see from ONE side, which is a good thing. Seeing from TWO sides is what I am after. The Datsun I just sold had side markers/signals and had the turn signals BETWEEN the headlights. My truck has the signals whee you can just see all around. Forget the Cavalier.

I'll look into rec.autos.tech.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Thats about the full extend of my rant. Put the turn signals BETWEEN the headlights and there is NO problem.

greg

Reply to
GregS

LED

Then how can you see them on a vehicle that is at right angles to you (at an intersection, for example)? The aim of placing turn signals at the corners (outboard of the headlights) was that well designed wrap-around signals can be seen from the sides.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.

[snip]

position.

You are comparing apples and oranges here. Look at the truck from the same angle as the rental car photo and you can't see the opposite side signal either. That's a problem that is practically insoluble with any design. Unless you want to put turn signals up on a light bar like two trucks often have.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Being exactly at right angles never occurs.

I sort of figured using only one lamp is the cheap way.

greg

Reply to
GregS

So does loss of bladder control when fully clothed.

Reply to
JosephKK

I have seen two 4-lane highways with left turn pockets operate smoothly with only stop signs.

Reply to
JosephKK

Tim

going

on

regardless

So true. One distinction I've noted between MA drivers and RI drivers is in the way the behave toward pedestrians.

In RI they'll pretty much run you over every time. In MA they'll stop if you even step off a curb in an area without a cross walk.

to be

You quoted all that (lines snipped) just to say IKWYABWAI? Are you

*that* desparate for the last word? You _are_ Dimbulb's cousin.
Reply to
krw