Train Your Mind

We have discussed finding ways to improve our capabilities in the past. However, there were few concrete suggestions on how to go about it.

Finally, here is an article on a way to start. You can train your mind to visualize a project in detail to help realize it in practise.

It works. Some people here obviously have this capability, but it could be improved by knowing how it works and by practising to increase it. Here's the article. Hope you find it interesting.

Steve Wilson

Looks like a lot of waffle. Mental do-better tools are IME almost always aimed at people that are no good at things, and don't really work for them.

There are effective tools, but I don't think you'll find them from those type of writers.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Got any links?

Reply to
Steve Wilson

bulegoge

Sort of like this:

http://203.29.75.35/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3C3b2cdb11%40news.povray.org%3E/hsphereb.jpg?ttop=265643&toff=7400

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Nothing new. "sleep on it" is a well known saying - and it works! I find it does, anyway.

Cursitor Doom

Overnight is OK for easy stuff. Hard problems might take two, or even three nights. The answer is always delivered in the morning shower.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Darwinian evolution is a terrible way to help species survive too.

There have been primitive attempts to automate electronic design, but the numbers overwhelm the computational capacity.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Looked at things classically, it's too complex to ever actually do. Which is why computers can't do it.

That's a crucial point. The kids who did electronics as a hobby seldom used much theory; Ohm's law, time constants, simple stuff if that. I designed lots of transistor circuits before I understood how a transistor works. The kids trained their instincts before they had their first engineering class. They fiddled before they had the math skills that they learned in high school and college.

Instincts are where design comes from. No university teaches that.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Rubbish. Instincts are innate. What you learn from experience is learned in exactly the same way as you learn stuff from instruction, but rather more slowly.

"Experience is a hard school, but fools will learn in no other".

Universities don't try to teach the whole art - they concentrate on the stuff that is less than immediately obvious, and on stuff that is relatively hard to extract from reference books, but they do make sure that you are exposed to reference books.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to