TinySwitchIII power supply question

Hi to all. I am looking to desigh a power supply , based largely on the Design Idea DI-117 from Power Integrations Link :

The question I have is what is the reason for the big difference in value of L4 and L5. 1mH and 3.3uH respectively. The 2 inductors are there as a filter in conjunction with the resivour cap which has been split into 10u and 22u. The rest of the circuit is fairly strait forward , but I'm a little unsure about these inductors.

Cheers Rob

Reply to
seegoon99

The larger inductor is non-ideal, so its parasitic capacitance will pass high frequency energy (primarily from rectifier switching). The smaller inductance should have very low parasitic capacitance and is intended to filter spikes remaining after earlier filter stage. Paul Mathews

Reply to
Paul Mathews