TI's Filter Pro rocks

Tinkered with TI's Filter Pro software last night. I've had it installed for a good while so I probably need to update it, but it still seems to work fairly decently. As long as you don't put hyphens where it wants numbers, things should be fine. ;-)

I had it design me a couple of two-pole filters, since they only take one op-amp each. One low pass and one high pass with 600Hz cut-off points. I chose sallen-key chebyshev filters since they looked pretty good (and simple). Just two resistors and two caps per op-amp does it. This gave me a chance to actually use my ancient protek signal/sweep generator for once. I don't have the equipment or inclination to fully verify the performance, but I can say that with ordinary 20% ceramic caps and 5% resistors I'm happy with the results. ;-)

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

I kind of like the choices you can make for perfect values (0% tolerance) for the perfect design, or select various tolerance parts and it picks the nearest value for you. I usually compare the nominal actual tolerance design with the perfect one, and then put the tolerance limit values in and see what that does to the response, to help decide what tolerance parts are needed.

Reply to
John Popelish