This is funny

I received a notice today that Spectrum is going to disconnect my service for non payment. I had told them that I wasn't going to pay for the time that I had no service. How can they disconnect you when they never connected the new coax?

Reply to
Michael Terrell

for non payment. I had told them that I wasn't going to pay for the time t hat I had no service. How can they disconnect you when they never connected the new coax?

I played that exact game with the phone company a couple of decades ago at my weekend place. I would only visit once a month and one weekend the phon e was dead. They could not come for a week, so I had to book the appointme nt a month off. The guy came and checked it out saying, "the problems in t he central office". After I returned home again I got the news that mice h ad chewed wires in the central office but it was working now. Next visit t o the house the phone is still dead. Lather, rinse, repeat. It was anothe r month and the same thing. Seems they actually had not fixed the problem or used another bad pair, whatever.

At some point I told them I didn't want to pay for the time I had no servic e and they said I needed to keep paying and they would adjust the bill afte r it was fixed. By the final time I came down and expected it to be workin g they had disconnected me for non-payment. I tried to reason with them. They would remove the charges for the period I was without service, but now I had to pay a reconnection fee!!! It never got paid.

I learned about the pedestal on my property and how wasps like to nest in t hem. Once I dealt with that the rest was easy.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C