The software development process.

If a man can build a garage in 100 hours, can 100 men build a garage in an hour? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Ach, all the politicians are the same. They're all liars, cheats, and thieves.

The only difference between the taxation by the left wing and the taxation by the "right" wing, is that the "right"ists are sneakier about how they take your money away from you. At least the Commies admit when a tax is a tax!

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Confirmed. A couple of weeks ago I ran into a Louisiana expatriate, who also was Cajun, and she also said they had been forbidden to use French (of any flavor) in school.

Please don't strip attributes for material you quote.

--
"I have a creative mind.  You (singular) are eccentric.
 He is insane.          We are losing sight of reality.

That's what Ex-lax is for.

-- "I have a creative mind. You (singular) are eccentric. He is insane. We are losing sight of reality. You (plural) are smoking crack. They are certifiable." Declension of verbs, per Lewin Edwards

-- Posted via a free Usenet account from

CBFalconer

If you are looking for sufficiently more than one, then it can average out that way. ;)

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Well, yeah, if you need nine new wordprocessors. ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Right, but what, specifically, is the etymology of Italian "ci" ("to us")?

I know about equus vs. caballus, but both are actually attested in Latin.

Reply to
mc

No, "firm," "obstinate," and "pig-headed" are adjectives.

Reply to
mc

I once saw a gimmick on TV in which about 100 men built a house in a day. But parts had been pre-assembled.

Reply to
mc

mc

--
It\'s a question of scale.  It doesn\'t work well for a garage, but it
does for a barn.

--
And you want to be president...

And voted in, no less...
Reply to
John Fields

Yes, but "am firm", "are obstinate" and "is pigheaded" are compound verbs.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Habitat for Humanity seem to do well with the multi person model.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Ever seen an Amish barn-raising?

A reasonably accurate rendition can be seen in the movie "Witness".

I've seen the real thing in Barbour County, WV.

...Jim Thompson

For a particle with mass, adding more energy always increases the speed. For software projects, beyond a certain point adding more programmers decreases speed.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

No, for every N "managers" you need another one as a "coordinator".

This makes it expand faster than N^2.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

I think the joke was that different adjectives go with first, second, and third-person forms of what is presented as the same verb.

Reply to
mc

It may even work for a garage if you do it enough times and carefully arrange the foot work.

I have seen 4 people assemble and tip up a wall. Thinking about it, I figure you could get 6 people nailing the studs without tripping over each other. About 3 or 4 people would initially be placing the studs then go onto something else. Several people could be making the roof trusses some small distance away.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Does the phrase "barn raising" mean anything to anyone. I was to one for a short time for replacing a neighbours barn that burned down. Definitly not a gimmick.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Adsett