Testing surge supressors

Is there any standard test equipment for the testing of surge suppressors? Does any one test them to any standard? Is there any standard set for low voltage suppressors? (>90V)

Reply to
James F. Mayer

Isn't that the source of some quarter shrinkor's power supplies?

(Boy, that looks ugly.. I mean the person who shrinks the quarters..)

I'm referring to lightning strike equipment of course.

Tim

Tim Williams

Keytek Model 424 and Haefley Model P6T used to be the two test sets usually mentioned in TVS databooks for testing to the required standard current waves, such as 8/20uS and 10/1000uS. eg, 8uS is the time for the applied current to rise to Ipk and 20uS is the time for an exponential fall to Ipk/2.

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to