SUCCESS! TIG DC --> Advanced SquareWave INVERTER is working (prototype)

I can set deadtime by using two methods.

  1. No interlock (bridged certain pair of contacts). I could use turn-on and turn-off resistors for every gate. The more resistance, the slower is the turn on or turn off. Turn on and turn off start occurring simultaneously.
  2. Interlock. That's the mode with guaranteed deadtime. I can set deadtime by putting a resistor in the interlock contacts (same contacts as in 1). Set from 0.9 to 10 uS. I suspect that I could go lower as well.

As I said, I do not want deadtime. I want the bridge to short. So I used method 1 and gate resistors.

I f***ed it up in the sense that while the bridge does short and never opens, the short time is too much. That makes for too much current losses. I will need to go back and adjust the turn off resistors, I think that I will set them to perhaps 47 ohm instead of the present

100 ohm.

I will make a separate post about it to s.e.d.

Ignoramus22022

Ignoramus22022