Stereo mixer amplifier

-------------

** You have some hearing damage ?

Or is that what some dopey "audioligst" told you.

** The transformers are nasty cos they have no low end.

IIRC, the spec reads " 250Hz to 15kHa +/- 2db. "

Typically the low end ( ie all the bass ) will be riddled with core saturation distortion too - so massive IM of the whole audio band.

A radio ham built it...

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Just a non-audiologist self-test with a headphone amp, sine generator, and AKG K240s. It's hard to say exactly where I can hear nothing at all. Definitely, nothing after about 14k. I can hear a little at 13k, maybe.

I thought that was fairly normal for presbycusis for around 40. Girlfriend is 33 she can hear to 15k.

I've been an electric guitarist off-and-on since I was 15 but rarely played at high volumes.

THIS is a (step up) input transformer:

rated at 500Hz-14kHz, at 1 watt. It can do much better than that at lower power. It weighs about 3-4 lbs so I've tried not to drop it on my feet by mistake

Reply to
bitrex

----------------

** Think that is a bit below average for 40.

Had your ears de-waxed by a doc lately?

** Women have better HF hearing - many teenage girls can hear up to 22kHz .

Hence the "audio band is defined as " 22 to 22kHz "

A number of such were employed in testing done by the BBC, Philips and Sony to establish limits for LPFs ( anti ailiasing ) for digital audio.

** Explains a lot ...

** You can get perfectly nice input transformers, low cost an fully mag shielded well under the size of a golf bal. But no radio have would have the faintest about that.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison