Stepper motor controller

HI, i want to drive 3 bipolar stepper motor (one for each axis) 1A/24V. How can i do? I thought about this combination:

DRV8811 from TI PIC24 from microchip

In the first, h-bridge is integrated; the second has 6 (or 9) PWM output that can be used for DRV control. What do you think? Is a good solution or do you have a better idea?

Reply to
fasf

No, I think you should design with CD4050 and 4013. it quire easy. if you want to communication with computer u will use microcontroller. You design CNC board,do u? my email: tuan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com . if you have any problem, i will help you.

Reply to
nguyen dinhtuan

Why do you think this isn't a good idea?

Yes

Reply to
fasf

what are you talking about?

that chip has a 2.5A hbridge microstepping sequencer and pwm current control, a few flip-flops and inverters is not going to get any where near that.

and most of the CAM programs available use a parallel port, so unless he plans on writing his own, theres no need for a microcontroller

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

That driver chip should work with any old microprocessor. You wouldn't need any of the PWM features of the PIC -- just the timer output. PWM outputs like that don't let you count pulses directly, by the way -- that can be a challenge if you want the timer to go fast with respect to the processor, which you might if you're microstepping.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services