SPI Explained

The Farnell website has the best explanation of SPI that I've seen in some time:

"Parallel SCSI (formally, SCSI Parallel Interface, or SPI) is one of the interface implementations in the SCSI family. In addition to being a data bus, SPI is a parallel electrical bus: There is one set of electrical connections stretching from one end of the SCSI bus to the other. A SCSI device attaches to the bus but does not interrupt it. Both ends of the bus must be terminated."

That should make it easy for beginners to interface their E2PROMs!

Reply to
Paul Burke

It'll make it fast, in any case...

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

I guess now that SCSI is going SAS they need to come up with a new abbreviation for the original (parallel) forms of SCSI?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Its starting to sound like the morphmister. First it was SASI, then SCSI,...

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

People Can't Memorize Completely Idiotic Acronyms.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Then there's whatever PCMCIA is called this week..