speakers specs > 70 dBA

The speaker that I am currently using produces ~65dB at 3kHz 1 meter away:

I have been searching around for speakers that will allow me to produce > 70 dBA at ~3kHz measured 1 meter away, fully enclosed in our plastics.

I am going to need a beefier speaker - does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you very much.

-Mike

Reply to
blanko

how about this one running at 1 watt?

To calculate SPL at a different distance, reduce the reference figure by 6dB for every doubling of distance (with the same power input)

Do you really need a speaker for a single 3KHz tone? (chirp, buzz) you might look for piezo buzzer devices

Reply to
Mook Johnson