Sound Activated Switch - Low Freq and cheap?

I am looking to build a device activated by the low frequencies existing in a deep bass in dance style music. I have seen a few sound activated switches for clapping that appear expensive. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If it could detect a low frequency at a certain decible, and be affordable in bulk of around 1 or 2 dollars, that would be ideal.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
dbarman

Low frequencies can be selected by an analog input filter or by digital signal processing. The threshold can be adjustable.

A simple low-pass filter and detector might meet your requirements for a buck or two. Hard to tell from what you pasted.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

It would have to be over the airwaves. Something with a small microphone...maybe with the low pass filter and detector you are talking about.

Small and cheap is what I'm looking for.

I'm not sure what you mean by detector though.

Reply to
dbarman

Level detector ... rectifier followed by a comparator (Schmitt trigger), for example.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Now all I need to do is find these components...thanks Charles.

Reply to
dbarman