Single Frequency Network and Multiple Frequency Network

Good day! I am very confused with Single Frequency Networks and Multiple Frequency Networks when used in digital TV broadcasting.

I grasp the concept of MFN architecture okay. I can see that different TV stations will require a different transmitter at a different frequency when transmitting the same program in order to increase coverage.

With this, I can safely assume that a TV station using a SFN setup will still require multiple transmitters for the same program, but this time only use one frequency.

But I do not have the answer to whether multiple TV stations with different programs is possible in 1 SFN setup. I keep reading about an SFN architecture being spectrum efficient. What exactly does this mean? Is this indicating that different TV stations can transmit their programs just using 1 SFN setup?

Reply to
MRW

MRW snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

Include physical distance in the SFN concept. Also called "area of coverage".

Reply to
JosephKK