signal conditioner

Hi guys,

Iam trying to find a design for a conditioning amplifier "signal conditioner" to be used with a piezoelectric accelerometer. I need a gain of 20 dB and also need a BandPass Filter between 1KHz to 10-KHz. The signal has a low amplitude of millivolts. I need the signal conditioner to power the accelerometer.

Here is the specs for the accelerometer:

and here is the specs for the signal conditioner that works with it (I need to design something like this myself :( ):

This is what happens when you let a girl design electronics :)

I would really appreciate your help guys!

Reply to
orwa_t

Have you looked at the application notes? This part already has an amplifier inside; the hard work is already done for you.

What is it, some kind of fully-instrumented vibrator?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Tasteless. Why does somebody always say something offensive whenever a woman posts here?

John

If the OP was a guy, would you ask the same question?

--
DaveC
me@bogusdomain.net

This looks like fun. First off, you need to feed the sensor with a current source. In the app note, they use a current regulated diode, which is really a JFET. In this case, the IDSS has to be less than

20ma. You could also design a current source using a PNP or P-fet This sensor has some decent high frequency respoinse, i.e. 15KHz. At best, the time constant associated with the 500ohm output impedance of the sensor and the load capacitance of the current source should be around 3uS., or 20nF. [Hey, I'm just whipping this stuff together, so check the math.] Any capacitance in the cable has to be subtracted, as well as loading capacitance of the amplifier.

Since the charge amp is built into the sensor, all you would require besides the current source is some AC coupled amplifier, or DC coupled with a servo. The impedance of the amplifier (probably just an op amp in the negative gain configuration) and the coupling cap determine the low end response.

Reply to
miso

You don't think that's what was intended in the original post?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Possibly, I've been spending a *lot* of time around college kids the last little while.

Here's *my* fully instrumented vibrator (also designed the actuator electronics):

The only thing tasteless about it (and it's pretty tasteless) is that the product it produced was designed to produce is used to deliberately kill people.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Speaking strictly for myself, NO, not at all. If you had even brushed up against vibration or shock testing you could know better. I will read the rest of the thread before i answer OP.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

I doubt that the sensor is piezoelectric, the specs read like a partially conditioned MEMS sensor. Proper piezoelectrics output dimensions is in picocolumbs per g.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller